Question: Why select our law firm?
Answer: We have successfully assisted THOUSANDS of individuals with financial issues!
- AMAZING TESTIMONIALS
- LOW FLAT FEES & PAYMENT PLANS
- EVENING & WEEKEND HOURS
- IMMEDIATE CONSULTATIONS
- SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCE
- EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS MATTER!
Attorney Cook is an experienced attorney that has been profiled as an expert on the New York
Law Journal website. He has extensive experience in resolving legal issues and has authored
numerous books, articles, and videos. He has assisted thousands of clients. He has decades of
expertise with debt related matters including bankruptcy, loan modifications, foreclosure defense,
short sales, judgments, wage garnishments, work outs, debt elimination, debt reduction, debt
consolidation, and deed in lieu of foreclosure. Attorney Cook is experienced in working with
individuals, couples, business owners, Law Firms, Fortune 500 Firms, and Wall Street Firms.
Attorney Cook was awarded the Dean’s Scholarship, in the LL.M. in Bankruptcy program, at
St. John’s University School of Law. This was an academic merit scholarship which was awarded
due to outstanding grades. St. John’s University School of Law offers the #1 Bankruptcy LL.M.
program in the nation. The LL.M. program consists of advanced bankruptcy law classes.
Attorney Cook’s Degrees, Certifications, Licenses
- LL.M. Masters Degree in Law
- J.D. Law Degree
- M.B.A. Masters Degree in Business Administration
- B.S.B.A. Bachelors Degree in Business Administration
- NY Teaching Permit (1991)
- NY Attorney in good standing
- Admitted to Federal Court (Eastern and Southern Districts)
- Admitted to the U.S. Tax Court
- Westlaw, Advanced Legal Research Certification
- Lexis, Certificate of Legal Research Proficiency
- Completed NITA litigation & deposition classes
- CTT+, Certified Technical Trainer
- MCT, Microsoft Certified Trainer
- MCSE, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- MCDBA, Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
Prior Employment Experience
- Dickstein Shapiro Morin & Oshinsky, NYC
- Roberts, Sheridan & Kotel, NYC
- JP Morgan (now JP Morgan Chase), NYC
- Merrill Lynch, NY, NYC
- Kidder, Peabody & Co. (now Paine Webber), NYC
- Bankers trust, NYC
- Dreyfus (now a Mellon Financial Company), NYC
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Suffolk & Nassau County Bar Associations
- NY State & American Bar Associations
- NITA Advocates Society
To become a licensed attorney, most attorneys obtain two degrees. This includes a Bachelors
Degree (typically four years) and an ABA accredited Law Degree (three years doctoral degree.)
Attorney Cook went TWICE the distance and obtained FOUR accredited degrees.
Attorney Cook completed an Executive M.B.A. program which required an additional years
of graduate level study as well as a Masters Degree in Law (LL.M.) which required additional
years of post-doctoral level study. Attorney Cook has also achieved numerous prestigious
technology certifications (MCT, MCSE, MCDBA, CTT+) demonstrating technology
proficiency and mastery.
Ronald Shields Cook, LL.M., J.D., M.B.A.
Bankruptcy Attorney, Loan Modifications, Foreclosure Defense, Short Sales, Judgments,
Wage Garnishments, Work Outs, Debt Elimination, and Debt Reduction.